Too Long!

Okay, so I haven't been very diligent in corresponding lately. I have no excuses except perhaps that my Mac decided to eliminate the blog shortcut in my menu options (or whatever). Still no excuse though because I did have it written down right here next to me on my pile of other useful computer information.

Anyway. I have been pretty busy with not only family things (graduation, open houses, reunion, etc.), but my quilt making process. Well, only the tops (still) but all in all, the weather hasn't kept me away from making more and more tops.

I think the piano has around 27 at last count. Time for the long arm!!!

Not only did I complete a top for Jim's niece and her new husband over the last two weeks in July, I also made a new quilt for me for our bed. It's called Snake in the Grass. I have also completed one of next years fair entries called Under the Bigtop.

Last week I completed two fall table runners and this week I've worked on a new Christmas wallhanging and on a Christmas quilt that I shall not get too specific about because it may become a gift. We'll have to wait and see what reactions are during the holiday season.

Amongst all of the above mentioned projects, I continue to do my two Craftsy blocks of the month as well as my Quiltmaker test blocks for the book coming out next spring. Let me see...anything else? I did take an afternoon out to do some decorating things. I made a little wallhanging that says, "I am a Quiltmaker, not a Seamstress" for my studio and I chain pieced a whole bunch of yellow (and a few orange) triangles to decorate the sunporch with; thank you Amy Gibson for the idea. They turned out really cute!

Laura (my machine, not my future daughter-in-law) was a little under the weather during the last of July. She was gone for a week and her little "issues" are still issues right now (auto threader and sensor for bobbin not working, still squeaking in the needle up position), but nothing that prevents me from sewing. Just little things that make sewing easier when you have them.

Tonight, I finally stepped out of my box and ventured out beyond the house. I attended a meeting for an organization called Experience Art in hopes of beginning a community band (or orchestra, or whatever they decide to do). From there I headed to the Yarn Garden and signed up for a knitting class. It's on my bucket list and I figured the teaching jobs just aren't pouring in like I'd hoped. That class begins in early October. I went one step further and explored a new quilting guild in Charlotte who call themselves the Across the Square Quilters. I am so very excited about this guild because it's nearby and the ladies there an absolute hoot. I haven't laughed so much in such a very long time. They meet every Thursday and I look forward to attending as many weeks as I can! I was so impressed with the group I joined right there and then so I wouldn't miss any future fun!


Comments

Popular Posts