Spring?

Our robins have returned and unfortunately for them, winter has not left. We awoke this morning to a new blanket of snow and I can not see them finding many worms in it. 

This week studio work has been light. First, the studio has become unbearably cold for me to endure. Perhaps it's my age, but even with the dryer going and my little heater (which isn't heating very well actually), I still find my nose running and my fingers becoming numb after only a few hours. With the dreary weather, it's hard to get myself motivated to get down there. And...I don't really have much going on. 

Second, my fabric stash is becoming kinda light and it's getting harder to work with the same fabrics over and over and over. I feel like a dark cloud has settled. I still feel really creative, in fact, I have so many ideas bouncing around in my head that I feel like I should start writing them all down, but with limited resources, it's hard to not keep producing the same "type" of product since there are limitations and very little flexibility left in medium.

I did go shopping with mom this week and found two new fabric store resources in Mason. It's always fun to find new patterns and fabric, but I'm on a short leash (again) and so could only pick up a pattern that who knows when I'll be able to create. Don't know why I keep finding all these wonderful things to do but have nothing to do them with?

Our quilt guild sew in and show is today. I'm obviously not there. I do have a few quilts entered for the community to view, but because my truck has to be dried out for Tardis movement later, and I'm not sure when Jim will be coming home, had to stay close to the house for later transport of people and things. 

Here are a few small things I made over the last week or so. Maybe spring will be here soon and I can once again come out of the darkness and into the light of my sewing?!?



Comments

Popular Posts