Did you think I forgot about ya?

With the coming of autumn comes the dreaded leaf detail. We spend hours raking, blowing, mulching, and hauling our leaves every year and this year is no exception. More work I think since our huge red oak tree dropped most of its leaves this past week-earlier then previous years.

Because we have the leaves to deal with, less is done in the quilting studio. Not good! However, I have managed to fit in a few small projects here and there. None worth publishing here today since none of them have been quilted as of yet.

I am once again on the Quiltmaker test block team for volume seven. My first three blocks were completed today while Jim blew the last of the leaves away from the house. It had been nearly three days since my visit downstairs so it was time to get back into the swing of things.

I'm working on a large queen top with great fall colors and a modern circle pattern. I did a small circle pattern quilt similar to this one using some charm squares with a Christmas theme a few weeks ago. I've also fit in a few small Christmas projects (wall hangings and table runners) into my brief studio visits but that's about it.

One other thing that I do take time for is knitting. I started a class about three weeks ago to learn to knit. I'm loving the quiet time at night to be able to do something productive rather then just hangin' out here on the web. I quit my leaf/quilting stuff around 8 or 9 o'clock and then come up and slip in a Disney movie to listen to while I clackety-clak away with my knitting needles.

Until next time, and hopefully I'll have some completed projects to publish...




Comments

Popular Posts