Spring has come, and gone, and come again, and gone again. I see a pattern here. It's like they say in the show M*A*S*H...off with the winter clothes, on with the summer clothes. Off with the summer clothes, on with the winter clothes. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
The good side to this is during the turbulent weather changes I get a lot of quilting done between the yard work weather.
As promised before, here are the two fabric books and Veggie Tales pillow to match I completed a few weeks ago. When Andrew came home for Ben's graduation last week, there was much discussion about who would end up with the Veggies Tales stuff. All three of the boys STILL like them despite their ages.
This quilt has been a thorn in my side. Not because it was too awfully difficult, or that I was struggling with the colors. It was because it was started way back in February and then tabled it for a while. After coming back to it a few months later, it seemed like I had already put a significant amount of time into it and barely had the first 1/4 of it completed.
There are 208 paper pieced blocks within the main top and the seams seemed to be difficult to press out during construction. I finally found a way to overcome this obstacle, but it took the last two rows to figure out that sometimes our quilting "rules" needed to be bent just a bit.
I'm still working on whether I want to do something else within that last dark border...but I'm awaiting word from my fellow Scrap Squaders to see what they think.
This is charity quilt #3. It's only in design format right now because I'm still not sure what to do with it. Do I sash it? Super border it? Leave it as is and just let it become a baby blanket even though it isn't really baby blanket colors? I'm seeking the advice from my ASQ members to see what their input is on this is as well.
I saw the design on Pinterest and improvised my own way of doing this particular quilt, BTW.
The center of this quilt was featured on Missouri Star Quilt Companies latest YouTube video. Jenny Doan is so funny and I try to at least do a small "something" she teaches. Because my mom loves to buy me all those fun precuts and Jenny loves to feature them, this was a perfect project for her latest.
I had two similar batik charm square packs and wanted to make a larger-then-table topper quilt (frankly, I have enough of those around here), so I came up with the extra borders surrounding the main middle section to finish the quilt out at around 56" square. It'll now make a nice couch quilt rather then merely collecting dust on my table. I'm calling this one Window Panes.