Truly, I have been busy!

Has it been a month? That's what weddings, car accidents, and volunteering gets you...a whole lot of busy! But have no fear, I still find time to putz around with my quilting.

Here is/are the first project(s) since returning from California. These are for a co-worker of Jim's who requested a layette set for their impending niece due at the end of the month.


The pillowcase and the frog pics didn't come out so well. I need to remember not to photograph underneath my planning table lights. Too yellow! But they actually match the quilt from above and these will be mailed out soon hopefully. I still have to quilt the quilt top and have that on schedule for this weekend.

The next project has been ongoing since before the wedding. I started the arcs prior to leaving and then finished up the borders last week.


The goal was to have a second quilt to take the place of Radiance since a quilt should only be hung for about six months. Radiance was taken down at Christmas and the current piece in its place needs to be changed out since it reeks of the long past holiday.

The problem I have with this quilt is getting it quilted. I don't want to ruin it and in all honesty, am not comfortable putting this size quilt under my machine. I took it to guild last week to get some advice and Dale Waddle was very helpful in her suggestions.

Alicia is going to Minnesota soon and so maybe if I get it to her prior to her leaving, I can get it back either just before she takes off or shortly after she gets back. Until I make some decisions, it's been added to the pile of other quilt tops down on the piano. I think I'm nearing 40 now.




Comments

Popular Posts